Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CuttleKids: Little boy ATCs

I made these using the CuttleKids dies I passed up the first time and then went back for last week. I'm glad I got them! My son wants his own collection of these cards, and I can't wait to try making a little boy's birthday card with them. :)






I got the ribbon in the $1 bin at Michaels, knowing I'd use it for a road at some point. It was perfect, although these are technically off-road vehicles. ;)

The stamps are from my $1 acrylic collection (again, from Michaels). The "sun" was supposed to be a flower, I think, but it made a great sun for my purposes.

Layering these die cuts was easier than I had thought. I just cut one diecut from each color I'd need, cut out the appropriate parts, and pasted them onto the base image (the main color that I left whole). The only trick is getting the adhesive on them. I used my little Xyron X, and it worked great. I'm pretty sure a glue pen would work, too, but I don't have one of those (yet).

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Susan said...

Cute, cute, cute! I have 5 small nephews that would get a kick out of something like that, but I'm out of money for now. Something to look toward for future purchases.

Anonymous said...

Sophia, those would look adorable in some picture frames for your son's room. Just a thought.

 
;