Thursday, January 1, 2009

Homemade clear stamp storage

First of all, Happy New Year!!

I've been working on a better organizational system for my clear stamps. I had originally placed them in CD cases, but they are extremely difficult to remove from the cases once they've been there for awhile. No kidding, my thumb was sore after prying them all off, and I have long fingernails!

At any rate, I decided to store my $1 acrylic sets in baseball card collector pockets. I got a pack of 30 or 40 sheets (I think each sheet holds 9 sets) for $4 at Wal-Mart. I've heard dollar stores carry them, but none of mine did so I had to buy the big pack at Wal-Mart.

That worked beautifully for that size, but when I got these sets from Wal-Mart, they were a little bigger and wouldn't fit in the pockets. So I made my own protectors.

I inserted a piece of cardstock into a regular sheet protector, marked it off into four equal pieces, then used my sewing machine to sew along the lines. Then I used an X-acto knife to carefully cut slits at the top of the two bottom pockets (since the sewing closed them in). I was very careful not to cut through the cardstock to the other side of the page protector. It worked beautifully, and I can store four of these stamp sets on each side of the protector.

I used the cardstock inside the protector to give it some stability, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Gaby said...

What a clever idea!
Thanks for sharing.

 
;