Saturday, January 3, 2009

Victorian lady cards!

Here are the first two cards I made from the Victorian lady images I cut from the thrift store book. Check the next post for more!

I decided to go with a "love" theme for the first card since it has an image of a couple kissing in the kitchen - reflected in the shiny pots and pans! :)

I used the patterned cards and chipboard buttons from Michaels' $1 section, my Martha Stewart lace punch (it just broke and I already miss it), and a black marker.

The baby theme for this one is pretty obvious since the mother is bathing her child. I liked it quite a bit, too.

I used more patterned cards and chipboard buttons from Michaels' $1 section, my Martha Stewart lace punch, ribbon that tied the cards together, and a black marker. No, I don't have Nestabilities or a die cut machine. I hand cut those with my homemade clear templates (I'll post about those soon, too). I really liked the effect!

And here's another pointer, too: I liked the buttons best when I used a black marker around the edges to make them look enameled. This made the difference in making them pop off the card!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

 
;