Saturday, January 3, 2009

More Victorian lady cards

Here are the rest of the cards I've made so far. (Well, I have one more almost done, but I haven't had a chance to work on the closure.)

I decided to try the double-sided lace effect with the lace strip on this card, and I really, really like it! I used Michaels' $1 section card and chipboard buttons, a clear acrylic stamp from the $1 bin, and the Martha Stewart lace punch.

For this card, I decided to accent the blue in the lady's dress. You might not be able to tell, but I used the lace punch on the far right of the card and then inserted a thin strip of blue paper underneath it. I used a Michaels' $1 section card, my Martha Stewart lace punch, and my friend's photo corner punch (sorry, I have no idea who made it or what design it is).

This one isn't so clear, but hopefully you can still get the gist of it. The design was pretty simple, so I used a decorative corner punch for the edges. I used a precut length of sheer ribbon (Gartner Studios, I think), a chipboard button from Michaels' $1 section, my Martha Stewart lace punch, and my friend's corner punch (again, I don't know who makes it or what design it is).

Here's a card that might look a little plain Jane ... until it's in your hands. I cut out the righthand part of this card the whole way back to the lace to make it more interesting (the righthand strip of lace is on the inside of the card). For this card, I only used my Martha Stewart lace punch.

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Lindy said...

You are so creative! They look adorable and are so unique!

 
;