Friday, July 4, 2008

Migraines ...

I never got migraines until the last few years. Now it seems I get them every time I travel somewhere for more than an hour. (Yep, we went to camp meeting again tonight.) It's annoying and pretty inconvenient, but I've discovered that Excedrin Migraine coupled with a Pepsi (or Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper or other highly caffeinated soda) will usually take care of mine after awhile.

I find it odd that my sisters-in-law (and my own sister) have all mentioned they started getting migraines around 30 years old. A few of my sisters-in-law are post-menopausal and tell me that the migraines went away with menopause. Hmmm ... I wonder if there really is a connection.

Of course, it might be hereditary with my sister and me. My mother suffers with week-long migraines if she doesn't take her migraine prescription medicine, and she's 58. But I'm really, really hoping I'll "outgrow" it! :)

Two migraines in one week is not good. It makes me want to avoid our camp meeting, which is 1-1/2 hours drive away!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll be migraine free for your other trips. Glad you found something that at least helps get you back on the mend.

Blessings

 
;