Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 2: Scrapbook page

I got another page done last night! I'm going to see if I can get at least one page done each weekday for as long as possible. It would go a long way toward getting me caught up!

This layout is for my son's album. It's from June of last year, so you can see I'm quite behind. (My family album is even further behind!)

The "sketch" was inspired by a layout in Scrapbooks, Etc. magazine (May/June 2008, p.94). The layout in the magazine wasn't my style at all, but I did like the "sketch" of it.



The patterned paper is Making Memories (the new pack I just got at Big Lots), the cardstock is The Paper Company, and the vellum sentiment and stickers (squares and rectangle) are Creative Memories.

I chose the sentiment, "I get by with a little help from my friends" because I journaled about how this girl helped him learn to jump on the trampoline - something that would usually terrify him.

I'm sure you can't tell, but I didn't use a whole sheet of dark brown paper behind the decorative paper. I didn't have a 12x12" sheet of dark brown, and I didn't have a lot left of the 8.5x11", either. So I cut 1/2 x 11" strips from the smaller paper, then pieced and adhered them around the edges to create the same effect.

1 comments:

jemilyea said...

I'm glad to see you're scrapping again! I've missed seeing your pages. I haven't done any better, but this past weekend I finished the last pages need in a vacation album. I hadn't SB since early December, I think.

I like the structured look to your page -- the pictures lined up, etc.

 
;