Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 5: Scrapbook page

Okay, so this is actually the result of Days 5 and 6, but it would be too hard to keep track of that way. So we'll just continue like this. :)

I don't know why this layout was so hard for me to do, but it was. Maybe it's because I'm used to having a story behind the photos, and that helps me with the design and layout (and journaling). These photos were taken as photography practice, and they turned out so well that I had to include them in our albums.

I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit on this layout by using the flourish stamps I love but can never figure out how to use. (See them on the righthand page?) I hope they're not too girly. I love flourishes!
Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Company); patterned paper (Unknown striped, Miss Elizabeth swirled, Canson gold metallic); vellum sentiment (Creative Memories); flourish stamps (Studio G).

Oh, and I should mention that I lined the photo background with white paper so you could tell there is a dark blue mat around the entire layout. Since the patterned paper was a bit flimsy, I trimmed it slightly and mounted it onto dark blue cardstock to make a dark blue border around the whole layout.

0 comments:

 
;