Friday, January 29, 2010

Homemade Chipboard Castle Album

I was totally inspired by these cute castle chipboard albums I saw on Splitcoaststampers.

I don't have that mini album, though, and no one around here carries them. So I did some reverse-engineering. I sat down with some graph paper and made my own pattern for something similar.

Here is the end result, constructed from recycled cereal boxes. These will be a gift for the girls at our mini Valentine's Day party (just three younger kids) this year.

Here it is, all put together ...



And here is just the cover ...



The back of the cover and front of page 1 ...



The back of page 1 and front of page 2 ...



The back of page 2 and front of page 3 ...



If you'll notice, they aren't bound yet. I'm still toying with the idea of making these even more versatile by adding several 4x6" index cards (cut to fit as necessary) between each of the pages. That way, they can write their own story and copy it inside.

My original thought for the albums was for them to put pictures of the Valentine's party, but they could put any pictures in them, really.

I really like how these turned out! Next week I'll share the boy version.

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

So cute and fun! Once again -- they were even cuter in real life! I'm working on the "other" castle project and can't wait to share when I complete one!

Shantaie said...

Wow! That is some fabulous reverse engineering! Your album is really great!! {happy creating} Shantaie

Cindy Loven said...

Hey Sophia
I gave you an award at my blog at Cindy's Tips and Hints. You definitely have an attitude of gratitude..
~C~

DeeAnn said...

I love your castle. It's so sweet and pretty. Any girl, big or small, would love to receive one. I am playing blog catch up and all your creations are incredible. I love the crochet rugs and all the houses.

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Your castles are a lot cuter than the inspiration (in my opinion) - I am going to link to these on Dollar Store Crafts (Thursday-ish?)! :)

Christa said...

Heather - Wow, thanks!

The rest of you - go check out her blog. I just recently discovered it, and it's right up my alley. It's all about crafts you can make from dollar store things! :)

Unknown said...

I Love this! Great job! Linking you up: www.fun2bfrugal.blogspot.com

 
;