Monday, January 4, 2010

A glittery rose card

Did I mention that my husband got me a brayer for Christmas? It makes a lot of tasks much easier, including evenly inking detailed and background stamps like this rose background stamp:



I haven't use the stamp much, although I dearly love it, because I always ended up with a spot that was unevenly inked. Thanks to my brayer, that problem is long gone!

Did you notice the glittery effect? Once I stamped the background, I stamped the whole sheet with Versamark and then added iridescent embossing powder. It's so pretty and sparkly! I decided to keep the rest of the card somewhat simple to show it off.

But wait! There are a few details that I love and want to show you ...



See that gorgeous Becca bow? How about the hat pin (an eye pin from Dollar Tree with a Dollar Tree metal crimp bead at the end)? And the eyelet lace (MS Punch Around the Page) with pink pearly accents (dimensional paint)?

This was one of those cards that I almost sighed with satisfaction when I was finished. It's feminine and girly - almost to a fault. I love it!! :)

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Looks just like you! Very feminine and floral too! Very pretty card!

 
;