Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another Crocheted Rag Rug

These rugs are so quick and easy that I just finished another one in about an hour and a half. This time, I decided to experiment with the knit fabrics that won't curl like the jersey knits. Here is the result, in greens:



It's the same size as the blue one (about 34" from point to point), and the only difference is that it has a slightly rougher texture to it. It's still nice and thick and very comfortable to walk on.

My 6-year-old son wanted a picture with this one, so here he is sitting on it:



These are so easy because they are only 9 rows thick. You could make them bigger, but I've only crocheted 9 rows and they came out this big.

I really want to make one for my sister-in-law's bedroom. She's my husband's twin, and their birthday is coming up early next month. She just moved and redecorated her bedroom, and I'd like to make her a star-shaped one since her room is a beach theme. (My son suggested the shape because it could look like a starfish.) However, I don't have any orange/peach t-shirts, which is the color of her room. I found a tutorial for doing this same thing with old bed sheets, so I may head down to my favorite cheap thrift store in the next few days to see if they have any beat-up orange/peach sheets that I could use.

I need to get a blade for that Fiskars rotary cutter because I have a blister on my finger from cutting all this fabric. :) It's so much fun, it's almost addicting!

0 comments:

 
;