Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More "Name Frames"

I ran across the most awesome find at Dollar Tree a few weeks ago. They had scads of these large frames (approx. 9"x18") in several different colors. I've never seen any this size there before, and I doubt I'll see them again. But I'm glad I got them because I've been wanting to make some of these for a LONG time!

First is the sign I made for my Secret Sister, who is redoing her kitchen in apples.



Since I made these when I had no access to a computer, and since I have no regular apple stamps, I had to get creative. I made these large apples with my CM heart shape, then cut a notch out of the bottom with my CM heart punch and then rounded those edges with a corner rounder. It was really easy, and I was impressed by how much they looked like apples! The stem is from a Cuttlekids flower die, and I hand-cut the leaves.

Font: Sizzix Nouveau; Border punch: MS lace heart



This second one is for the same Secret Sister. I made it in colors to match her living room. It's hard to see in the picture, but I added their last name and the year they were married to a strip of vellum across the bottom. The "God Bless Our Home" is a wall sticker from Dollar Tree.



This is for my sister-in-law who named her two daughters Faith and Hope ... and would have named a third one Charity, if she had ever had a third daughter. :) I chose colors to match her living room. I'm sure she'll love it because she has "Faith, Hope, Love" things all through her house. The sayings and butterflies are also wall stickers from Dollar Tree (on one strip for $1).



And lastly, this is for my mother-in-law. It's probably the classiest-looking one, and it was also the easiest. The saying is another wall sticker from Dollar Tree. The edging was done with the EK Success fleur de lis border punch.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kristen Bieber said...

Those are so pretty, I always love things like that when I see them in stores!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures turned out fabulous. What a lovely gift!
~Pam

 
;