Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Making the Most of Chipboard Books

Have you noticed all the neat little chipboard books in the $1 section at Michaels lately? They just added a slew of them for the spring, and there are some lovely shapes.

$1 is a great price for a mini chipboard "scrapbook", but how about stretching that $1 a lot further?

Each $1 chipboard book comes with five pages on a ring. If you buy two chipboard books, you can make five of these:





And here's another one I made ...






I stamped the inside pages of this one, as you can see better below:



I'm thinking these would be cute little autograph books (my friend's super-cool suggestion) or albums for school-age kids to put their friends' school pictures.

This idea is not original with me. Patti Lee came up with it and has the directions for these cute purses on her blog here.

3 comments:

angie said...

Just bought chipboard books at Michaels for 20c (Christmas clearance). Great idea!

Esther Asbury said...

Cute little albums. Thanks for the link to the tutorial --- I think I'll be trying this sometime in the future!

Christa said...

Angie,

I got a couple Christmas ones last week, too. Let me know if you come up with anything! I'm still thinking about how best to use those. :)

 
;