Monday, February 16, 2009

Some cards to share

Here are a few more cards I've made in the last week ...



This first card is actually a set of 8 that I made for my Secret Sister. I have been struggling to find just the right way to highlight the decorative circle stamp (inside the doily) since I bought them. I wanted to use them for monograms. Well, they perfectly fit inside this small doily, which I was able to pick up at Dollar Tree (90 in a pack). It sure beats Wal-Mart's price of $2.96 for 24 doilies! I used chalk to highlight the roses in the doily.



You probably can't see it very well, but I finally found a good use for a background stamp I got on clearance at Michaels. It was a beautiful floral background stamp, but it was so busy I just never knew what to do with it. Well, I pulled it out a few days ago and tried Versamark ink with clear embossing powder, and I love the result! It's like a fancy patterned paper. See my new Swiss Dots embossing folder? I'm loving it, too!



This was one of my "brainstorms" after I bought the small doilies. I cut one into fourths and started rearranging them. That's when I got the idea to use them like curtains. For the window, I used a small calendar image I had picked up on clearance last year. I wasn't sure how successful I was at making it look like a window until my 5-year-old son walked by the room and said, "Wow, Mommy! I really like that window card!" :) I didn't even have to prompt him!



Here is one of those clip art images I colored with my BIC Mark-Its. I love blue and yellow together, so I really like this card. The white piece was just trimmed with my Martha Stewart lace border punch. It started out as an experiment with a shaped notecard, but that didn't work out right, so I ended up with two lacy card embellishments. I really like them!

1 comments:

Susan said...

I really like that window card too - great idea! I'm hoping to get to Michaels this week before the Cuttlebug stuff goes off sale, but I won't have any money till then. I'd love to get that swiss dots folder.

 
;