Friday, February 13, 2009

A couple cards

I made more cards today, but I haven't taken pictures of them yet. The camera is downstairs, and so are the sleeping children, so I'll have to wait for another day. ;) But I'll share these two that I made earlier in the week:



This started as a coloring experiment with my BIC Mark-It markers. It was shortly after I learned that they are alcohol-based like Copics, and able to be blended. The flowers are just a cheap Dollar Tree stamp, but I really like them! The butterfly is from a clear Inkadinkadoo set and the sentiment is from a $1 Studio G clear set. I used my faux nestabilities for the background, as well as a few adhesive "rhinestones" from Dollar Tree.



This second card was totally inspired by this card on Splitcoaststampers. My ribbon didn't show up as well as hers, but I'm still quite pleased with the card. This is also a cheap Dollar Tree stamp, but I come back to it again and again. The paper is from a stack I got at Big Lots for $7 or so.

On a side note, I got a Sizzlet alphabet to use in my Cuttlebug! A lady was wanting to get rid of her "old" Sizzix dies, and I happened to be the first one to reply with a request. I got Nouveau for $20! I'm especially pleased because it has all the letters in uppercase and lowercase, all the numbers, as well as punctuation. And it's one of my favorite die cut alphabets!

I also got a tag die I've had my eye on, and some stuffed animal dies ($5 for each). I can't wait for my package to arrive in the mail!! I'm sure you'll notice when it comes, since I'm sure I'll be cutting away for a few days. :)

0 comments:

 
;