Friday, February 6, 2009

Birthday cakes!

Here are pictures of the cakes I made for the birthdays this week:
The first one was for my sister-in-law. The green was supposed to be "turquoise," but it dried a definite green. Oh well! They still liked it.

This was my husband's cake. He loves eagles and has his entire study decorated in them. (I could probably count 100 eagles if I wanted to right now!) His favorite cake is chocolate with peanut butter icing, and those colors just happen to be pretty hard to decorate with. However, I got the idea to put an eagle on it since it only requires a little white icing for the head. The black icing is chocolate icing that I added some black coloring to. The eagle itself is clip art I downloaded from Microsoft. The technique I used to create the eagle is called "frozen buttercream transfer," and it's really easy. My husband LOVED his cake!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on both cakes. When I saw the first cake, I actually thought it was a doily that was crocheted. Great job on the eagle too.

 
;