Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Embossing with 2x2" embossing folders

I hope you'll excuse some of the pictures being turned sideways. For some reason, my photo editing software showed them turned the right way but didn't actually turn them ... Anyway, I wanted to share this idea with you, just in case you got any of the 2x2" Cuttlebug embossing folders and have no idea what to do with them. :)

This idea is not original with me. Becca is the mastermind behind this one. Check out the link to her blog (and the tutorial) - she has the most gorgeous, innovative ideas!

I thought I'd show you the results of each of the 4 embossing folders I used, since she highlights just one on her tutorial. I haven't colored them yet because I haven't decided what kind of card I'm going to make - or what the colors will be. But you can see the embossed image just fine, since I set them in front of my window.
This first one is the one she used on her tutorial.

Notice I don't have the scalloped circle Nestabilities. It's not necessary. I just used my Creative Memories Custom Cutting System to make a 2-1/4" circle in the middle of the larger paper.

This square reminds me of tin tile that people use in home decorating. I bet it would be beautiful on a piece of recycled soda can!

I think this one reminds me of tin tile, too.
These are so easy and yet so impressive to look at. I hope you try out this technique, and then share what you've created.

0 comments:

 
;