Monday, February 23, 2009

Flourishes from Cuttlebug Floral Border dies

I've been pretty quiet this weekend. Bad news usually does that to me. I got word that more tragedy struck my dear friend's family late last week. I've spent the weekend with a renewed sense of the blessing I have in my family. Sometimes it's too easy to forget ...

So this is a new week and you might have bought a few Cuttlebug items with the Michaels sale last week. Did you happen to pick up this die?

It's the Floral Borders die set. I thought it was pretty just the way it was, but another blogger opened my eyes to even more possibilities.

I love flourishes, but I don’t have any flourish dies. (And I’m certainly not going to hand-cut something that intricate!) So I was delighted to find this idea for making flourishes, using a die that I already have! Isn't she a genius?

Last week I picked up a new corner punch, so I'll try to remember to share photos of those neat medallions done with a different punch. As far as Cuttlebug, I didn't need much. I bought the small Fancy Corners embossing folders as well as the Sliders (small set of 4) ... And it's probably best that I "didn't need much" because I found another (!) Sizzix alphabet set (Classic) that I like on my local Craigslist for $15! I'm going to pick it up today, so maybe I'll remember to post a picture.

Now it's "reporting" time - tell me what Cuttlebug items you got last week. I know my friend got her machine!! :)

0 comments:

 
;