Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fine Stationery Box

I first saw this idea at the Taylored Expressions blog. I started it months ago for my Secret Sister and just finished it recently, so I thought I'd share it with you!

She used a wooden box, but I just got a cheap $1 pencil box from Michaels because it works just as well and costs a lot less.


You can see her blog for the instructions. I'll just show you what it ends up looking like. I lined envelopes in two patterns. This is one of them:


This is what the main stationery looks like:



I cut the butterflies from printed paper I got at Michaels. I think it was made by Creative Expressions.
And here are the self-adhesive seals (thanks to my little Xyron X):




Here is what the box looks like inside, once I lined it:





And here is the outside of the box, all decorated:


So, what do you think? I was quite pleased with it!!

5 comments:

Mother said...

Beautiful! You are truly professional. All your family and friends are blessed to have you!

Susan said...

Very nice! I know your secret sister will love it!

Anonymous said...

That's so creative and a gift you can be proud to give or receive. Thanks for sharing the link.

jemilyea said...

Lovely box and idea! I need to get back into writing letters/notes, and I've been toying with the idea of decorating a portfolio so I can carry letter-writing materials with me. Maybe you can create one first so the rest of us can copy it (or just search out the links for nice ones). I think I want to start with a premade folder.

Christa said...

Ohh! I have the perfect idea! Give me a little bit to unearth the link, and I'll post it for you. :)

 
;