Thursday, May 6, 2010

Monogram Notecards #3

Yes, I'm on a monogrammed notecard kick! :) I bought several packs of notecards because they were gorgeous, but they've just been sitting here in my craft room looking pretty. It's time they got used for their original purpose, so I'm "gussying them up" a little to give as gifts.

This is another Dollar Tree notecard that I think is absolutely gorgeous. I love roses. If you walked into my house, you'd notice that immediately. Almost every room in my house has roses in it somewhere.

Anyway, I was going for an elegant monogram, so this is what I came up with:



Supplies: stamp (Coffee House Alphabet by Inkadinkado); paper (Dollar Tree notecard, The Paper Company, Making Memories); ink (Versamark with gold embossing powder); Nestabilities Labels 8; MS Iron Gate Fence border punch; dimensionals.

This is pretty self-explanatory. The only thing that might not be obvious in the picture is the fact that I actually cut a strip off the decorative part of the notecard to reveal the dark burgundy paper underneath, rather than layering another strip of burgundy paper over the top of the decorative panel.

The monogram is actually popped up on dimensionals to add a little extra interest to the card.

You might have guessed that I cut this notecard in half, too. Tomorrow I'll show you what I made with the back panel.

0 comments:

 
;