Monday, May 17, 2010

Paper Mache Box #4

I think this is a close second for my favorite box so far. I love this image, and I love all the little details I put into the box.



For the lid, I glued a 10" paper doily right over the brownish lid. I cut slits at the edges and was able to simply fold the excess down over the lip of the box. It was a perfect size!

Then I glued on this adorable image, outlined it with a string of craft pearls, and topped it with a double bow (made with my homemade bowmaker), a tiny crocheted flower, and a tiny blue bow. Oh yes, I also added a little strip of those pearl strings underneath the bow.



Here you can see how the paper doily wraps around to the lip of the box.

For the sides of the box, I used a white eyelet printed paper from Making Memories. Then I glued blue picot ribbon around the bottom of the box in 2 rows (since I didn't have the width I wanted) and added more of those string pearls right in the middle.

I love this box!

0 comments:

 
;