Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring = Babies!

No, I'm not pregnant! :) But I thought I would share the newest arrivals of our "friends," the Canadian geese that hang out at our pond ...



These same geese have been coming to our pond for 3-4 years now, but they never had any babies. I think wild animals got to their nests in previous years. At any rate, we only saw the one goose this year, so we assumed his mate had died. Um, no ... she was across the road at a quieter spot sitting on the nest!

These six little goslings were pecking around in the grass by our pond last Wednesday for the first time. Aren't they adorable?



My kids were amazed that they knew how to swim already. :) And apparently my husband was pretty "taken" with them, too, because he took nearly 50 pictures of them to show me since I was picking up a few things at the store when they discovered them.

I love babies of all kinds. Well, except baby insects and spiders and bees ... you know, the creepy crawlies. Everything else is absolutely adorable in baby form, even if it's ugly as can be in adult form. :) These little goslings might be a bit of a pain in years to come (when they each bring back a mate and have six goslings apiece), but they bring a smile to each day right now as I see them waddling around, following their parents.

We can't help but wonder if the other two geese that hang around here are going to show up with some goslings soon, too! Yikes!

I love spring!

0 comments:

 
;