Thursday, May 27, 2010

Simple Graduation Cards

We have four nieces and nephews graduating from high school on my husband's side of the family this year. He has a big family, and this is just the beginning of a whole slew of graduations and weddings over the next few years! :)

Anyway, since I needed to make four of them, I wanted it to be something fairly easy, yet customizable. I also wanted to use those graduation cards I had gotten last year for $0.25/box.

Here's what they looked like outside:



And inside:



Since it's no longer 2009 (duh, right?), I had to cover that up on the outside. I chose to use one of my $2 Big Lots stamp sets (by Hampton Arts), combined with a Nestabilities Labels 8 cutout:



In case you can't tell, I added a glue dot to the tassel to keep it right where I wanted it.



The inside was really easy. I just stamped another sentiment (same stamp set) in silver and added adhesive to the sides of the flap to create a money-holder. We also plan to slip a personal note inside with the money. Perfect!

All I have to do is customize the school colors for each recipient. It was quick and easy, and I liked it!

3 comments:

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for the idea, as I have many cards to make this year, and I was stumped for ideas. (I'm the youth minister's wife.) I think I could easily do something similar with some cuts to a regular card, ink, embossing powder...

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Okay, I just adapted this for my own purposes and posted it on my blog. I linked back to your post. Thanks so much for the idea! I'm really enjoying your blog now that I know it exists!

Christa said...

I'm glad my idea helped you with your own! You did a great job replicating the graduation hat, and the tassels were pure genius! :)

 
;