Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday: Use Scripture

The challenge today was to use Scripture on a project. Actually, I think it was worded a "card," but I'm sure a box is okay, too. :)

I used one of the paper mache boxes I got from that yard sale a few weeks back, as well as an illustration from a book that was cut apart. The box is slightly larger than 4x4". Here's an all-around view of it:



And here's just the top ...



It was a perfect fit for the top of the box! It had a cute frame around it, so I simply cut that off and used it on the lip of the box. You can see that a little better in this next picture, which is mainly the sides of the box ...



See that cute print on the lip of the box? It was a perfect fit, and nothing went to waste! I used my Sizzix picket fence die to make two fence pieces for each side, creating a sort of gateway between them. Then I cut thin strips of green cardstock with my Provo Craft grass scissors and mounted those at the bottom of the box.

really like this little box and the daily reminder to "rejoice"!

If you remember, I made another box last week as a sneak peek to the challenge. You'll want to check out what my friend made for this challenge, too!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful! I never would have guessed that you made this box --- looks like you bought it that way! Great job!

 
;