Friday, April 22, 2011

Funny Birthday Cards

Before we get to the cards, can I be the first (and possibly only) person to remind you that it's Good Friday? While I have nothing against recycling and doing common sense things to make our world a better place to live in (minus all the environmentalist propaganda), I refuse to celebrate Earth Day when it falls on a much more important holiday - Good Friday. (Then again, I'm not sure I've ever "celebrated" Earth Day at all ... )

Take a moment to reflect today on where we would be without Good Friday, instead of where we'll be in one thousand years if we don't "save the Earth" by doing crazy things like eating bugs, as MSN seems to think is logical. (Ewwwww!!!)

Thanks for listening. I'm stepping off my soapbox now ... :)



Supplies: stamps (Inkadinkadoo); paper (unknown alligator-skin, kraft); ink (SU Chocolate Chip); corner rounder; tiny green rhinstones.

Since I had just used a new stamp for the masculine cards, I decided to see what I could make with some other stamps that I hadn't had a chance to use yet. This was the one that jumped out at me, since it's not my usual style (but funny nonetheless).

I got the whole set of these stamps when they were on clearance at Michaels (I think they still are). I think they were offered as smaller versions in the $1 bins at some stores, but I didn't get any of those.

This card was also inspired by a Becky Fleck Card Map. I love her Card Maps!

These are going into my ladies' card stash, which also needed some additions. Of course, they could go either way. It's just that ladies usually care a lot more about how old they are than men do ... and my friends are beginning to get closer to the big "40," which means they're less and less likely to want to disclose the number! :)

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cute stamp -- I need to make more "funny" cards!

 
;