Friday, April 1, 2011

Homemade Gift: Altered Composition Book Journal



I bought two calendars at Michaels when they went on clearance for $0.30 each. I had altered composition books in mind, so I decided to give one a try. (See, I haven't quit paper crafting.) :)

Since the calendar pages are so big, I cut apart the main design and the quote that came with it. I used the main design on my cover, and an extra decorative strip on the spine.



I mounted the saying on the inside of the front cover, adding some matching cardstock to cover that ugly schedule on the inside of composition books.

The back cover (both inside and out) is done in the same coordinating cardstock.

If you plan to use this idea, please note that you'll want to seal the outside of this notebook with something like Mod Podge. Remember, these are thin calendar pages, and they might not stand up to much wear.

I'll be making more of these, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a pretty picture and great use of those BIG calendar pages!

DeeAnn said...

Beautiful altered journal. I love the picture. I was at my Michael's today and they have baskets full of the $1.00 items for a dime. Lots of beautiful things to alter.

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love all the pretty ways people customize composition notebooks like this - totally inspiring!

 
;