Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quilt with Me: Day Seven



I'm done!! All I had to do was the binding today, and it went pretty fast. I really, really like it. I almost wish I was keeping it, but I really don't have room to keep every quilt I make, so it's off to the lady that ordered it.



I just love working with vintage linens. You instantly get that antique look, even though you just finished it. I especially love how well these colors and patterns work together.

I opted for simple quilting patterns on this one, since the linens are vintage and in muted colors. I thought it helped with the simple look of the quilt. I like to look at the fabric's patterns for inspiration in how to quilt blocks, but I didn't want to overwhelm these prints or hide them with too much stitchwork. So, in the end, I opted for x's on the florals and following the stripes on the stripes.



I used a white vintage sheet for the backing, and I wish I could find one of these for every vintage quilt I make. It's so soft! Unfortunately, most of the vintage white sheets I find are hopelessly stained. This one was in perfect condition, though, so I was happy to use it.

So there you have it ... a finished quilt (50x60") in seven days. Are you up for a challenge? Give it a try and see how you do! :) (If you do, I'd love to hear about your progress.)

I'm linking to ... Whatever Goes Wednesday and


 http://www.thethriftyhome.com


2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous! The vintage fabrics look great. Love it!

Esther Asbury said...

How very, very pretty!! I think it's my favorite so far ---- love blue stuff!

 
;