Friday, October 23, 2009

Pink and Girly!



Supplies: stamp (Studio G); paper (Making Memories, unknown glittered vellum, Recollections); ink: Colorbox and pink dye ink; Nestabilities Scallop Circles Large (Spellbinders); butterfly die and embossing folder set (Cuttlebug); Vintage Corners die (Cuttlebug); satin ribbon and kaleidoscope embossing powder.

This card was completely inspired by the bow and paper. This is some of the patterned paper and satin ribbon I got yesterday from Tuesday Morning.

I love the way Becca does those huge, gorgeous bows on her cards, so I recently watched her video tutorial and determined to get some beautiful, big satin ribbon and do some of them, too!

I got 10 yards of this ribbon for $3.00. After I did the math, I realized what a rip-off those $1 ribbon spools are at Michaels (for only 3-4 feet)! This is much prettier, and 1/3 of the price. That was a real eye-opener!

Anyway, it was wire-edged, but I remembered reading someone else's blog and they mentioned that you can just pull the wire out of the edges and use it like regular ribbon. I tried it, and it works beautifully. You can't tell there was ever wire in there.

I was inspired to try the big flower when I saw the scalloped flowers in the background paper. I cut the largest (about 4") out of glittery vellum, cut it to make a flower, inked the edges, and then backed it with a pink one I had done the same to (minus inking the edges). I initially planned to put it on with no backing, but you couldn't really see it.

When that was all done, I picked up my iridescent Stickles and glittered the edges of the scalloped circles in the background paper. As that was drying, I caught sight of another of those beautiful butterflies lying on my desk, and decided to use it, too. I rubbed my inkpad over it to catch the embossing, let that dry, then rubbed it over my Versamark pad and added the kaleidoscope embossing powder. After it was heat-set, it was a perfect match to the rest of the card.

So there you have it - a peek at some of my finds from yesterday, and a card that says a lot about my personality. I'm a pink, frilly, ruffles and lace kind of gal. :)

0 comments:

 
;