Saturday, October 24, 2009

Another "Hope" Card



Supplies: digital image (Fun Draw), sentiment (Elegant Word Art by Bethany); Nestabilities Labels 1 and 8; Textiles embossing folder (Cuttlebug); ornamental die (Cuttlebug); paper ($1 Tree, Recollections, gold tissue paper); Krylon gold leafing pen, satin ribbon.

I can't tell you just how much I love this card! I think it's one of my all-time favorites. Would you believe that it was also one of the quickest cards I've ever made?

My creative process went something like this:
1. Get out the ribbon and make another beautiful Becca bow.
2. Find an image I'd like to use it with, then grab coordinating papers.
3. Let my mind mull over the details while I put my daughter to sleep (about 30 minutes).
4. Make the card.

I think step #3 was the key this time (and for the last card I posted). I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I got into my craft room, and it was done in no time.

Do you recognize that gold-embossed frame? It's the leftovers from a previous card. I was going to throw it in the trash after I made that card, but then I thought it might make a neat frame sometime. I'm glad I kept it!

As for the card base, it's another of those almost-free graduation invitations I picked up a few weeks ago. This time, I didn't turn it inside-out. I decided to keep the "frame" part inside and use it to frame a suitable Scripture verse when I have occasion to use the card. Since this card could be sent for many occasions (thinking of you, discouraging times, death of a loved one), I decided to pick the verse when I send out the card.

I happened to think that I should start sharing the size of my cards, too. It does make a difference when you're trying to figure out how I fit all of that onto a standard-sized A2 card. :) Well, I didn't. It's 5.5x8.5" - the size of a regular sheet of cardstock folded in half.

I hope you enjoy the card as much as I've enjoyed making it!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love those big satin bows! Great job on tying them, they really set the card off!

 
;