Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lighthouse cards

Here are two more of my digital image/word art pairings made into cards. The lighthouse is one of the few digital images I've purchased, and I bought it when it was 50% off at River City Rubber Works. Both of the word arts are freebies from Bethany.





They are exactly the same, except for the sentiment. I printed them onto blue cardstock and colored the light, rocks, dirt and grass with my BIC markers. I used a white watercolor pencil (direct to paper, after dipping it in water) to color the lighthouse and other building. Then I used Stardust embossing powder on the water to make it sparkle. After I mounted it onto the shaped card, I added silver Stickles around the edges.

If you're wondering how I added that embossing powder to a digital image, it's really quite simple. I applied liquid glycerine lightly with a paintbrush, added the embossing powder, and heat-set it. The glycerine makes it stick. I understand you can also buy refills for the VersaMark pads and use the refill bottle exactly the same way, but I had glycerine on hand. A little bit goes a long way!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful cards -- really like what you did with those images!

 
;