Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Not my usual color scheme ...



Supplies: sentiment stamp (PSX); dies: Vintage corners and butterfly (Cuttlebug), Labels 8 and Scallop Circle (Spellbinders); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); paper (unknown and recycled packaging); stardust embossing glitter and iridescent Stickles

I was really surprised by how this card turned out! I have never in my life combined pink and orange before, but I really like how it turned out on this card. I just had the flower sitting on my desk with a different center. For some reason, I thought to pick up the banded white card base, and it went from there.

I love the sentiment. It was one of the first rubber stamps I bought 10 years ago or so, and I still love it. I'm thinking of sending this card to my grandmother, along with a nice, long letter. It's been ages since I wrote her a letter!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh my! I love what you did with "my" butterfly! I also love pink and orange together --- so bright and cheery!

Christa said...

Thanks for the use of your die! :) Now that I've used it, I think I'm going to buy it. I like butterflies, but I hate hand-cutting intricate details. The embossing folders with it are the icing on the cake!

 
;