Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sugar and Spice Popcorn

I've been working on the larger doilies for my husband today, and I just finished one. I'm going to see what he thinks before I make the other two, but I'm hoping it's big enough. I just invested an entire half day of my life into this doily ...

Anyway, since I didn't have time for a lengthy post (and don't have the doily starched and presentable just yet), I decided to post the recipe for munchies that I made today. It's supposed to be low-fat. I do know it's economical and it came from Light & Tasty magazine a few years ago.

Although the recipe calls for it to be served warm, I like it almost as well cold. That's good, because it makes a lot. We eat what we like while it's warm and then I put it in zippered baggies for a snack for another time.

Sugar and Spice Popcorn

1/2 cup popcorn kernels
3 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Air pop the popcorn and place in a large roasting pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.

In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add the sugar, water, cinnamon and salt; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat.

Bake, uncovered, at 300 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 quarts

0 comments:

 
;