Thursday, February 7, 2008

Doily Count: 4 Done!

Yep, you read that right. I managed to finish four doilies over the last two days. I'm pretty pleased, although I'd be the first to admit that being sick has kept me from some of my regular duties the last few days - and thus able to spend more time on this project. I guess I might as well make the best of the situation, right?

Here's a little tidbit for you ... My husband was watching me crochet today and asked where I ever learned to crochet. I mentioned that my mom taught me the chain stitch and I learned the rest from a teacher in sixth grade.

The interesting thing is that my teacher was left-handed, so I crochet just slightly different than most right-handers I know. (She would stand facing me and say, "Do it just like this," so I wrap my thread around the hook the opposite of most right-handers.)

But it doesn't stop there. You see, my little girl is left-handed, and I hope to teach her to crochet someday. Now I'll be able to sit facing her and say, "Do it just like this."

Pretty neat, isn't it? I think it's another one of those ways that God provides for our future before we even know about it.

0 comments:

 
;