Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Card Sets



I like to set something out for overnight guests. One year I stocked up after Christmas and set out a bath product and body pouf. Another year I stocked up on a clearance event and set out a travel tin candle and small box of matches.

As I was cleaning and organizing my craft room lately, I ran across a set of 20 cards and envelopes that I had gotten at a yard sale for $0.50. I decided I'd make some card sets for my next few overnight guests. So I made four sets of 5 cards, and I thought I'd share them with you.

These are the card fronts (sorry they ended up a bit small, but you can get the gist of it):



And the back of each card looks like this:



I've been "collecting" these cute $1 clear acrylic stamp sets as they come out.



So far they've released seven series, and it's a good thing I only bought the ones I liked. I discovered I have 40 sets of them! I decided it was high time to use them. So my goal was to use as wide a variety as possible, aiming to use some that I had never used before.

After organizing them by theme in CD cases, instead of keeping all the sets together and limiting myself, I was able to "think outside the box."



I was pleased with how they turned out and was even a little surprised to find a few new favorite stamps. Sometimes you just can't see the potential until you use something!

1 comments:

Cindy Loven said...

I got my first two sets of clear acylic stamps in the mail from a friend, I havent been able to find them at the Michaels here in my state..I am gettign back into my stamps

 
;