Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another photo from Williamsburg, VA

This was also taken at the recreated Governor's Mansion gardens. I like the restfulness of the picture, and I've debated enlarging it for my home.

Notice how the trees form a natural arch? I'm pretty certain they didn't just "do" that - they were most likely trained that way. But it's too good to pass up, so I took the picture. And no, that bench in the picture was not an accident. I thought it created a peaceful, "sit down and enjoy the view" feeling, so I purposely included it.

My tips for this photo:
  • Use natural framing when possible. (The trees form a natural frame for this picture.)
  • Show depth when possible. (The long row of trees allowed me to capture the depth of this walkway.)

Have you used natural framing, consciously or otherwise? I'd love to see your photos!

0 comments:

 
;