Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Craft Room Re-Do

I have the flu now, but I'm feeling a little bit better now that the Tylenol has kicked in. I'm getting stir crazy from sitting in bed doing nothing, so I thought I'd come and post this while I feel up to it.

I looked for the "before" pictures, but I can't find them anywhere. I must have deleted them. Sorry! Just believe me when I say it wasn't working and was a total wreck most of the time.

So here's the new re-do as you walk in the door:

And here's the wall of bookcases that I love. They used to be scattered around the room (mostly because I bought them at different times and added them where I could), but it creates a much more pleasing effect now that they're grouped together.

And here is the wire cube grouping to the left as you walk in the door. The arrangement of items in the cubes is up for negotiation if I find another arrangement will work better. Sometimes I just have to use things awhile to figure out what works and what doesn't.

I have so much more space to work with now than I did before. One of the main reasons is that I took out the computer and desk that I haven't used in months.

So here is my frugal take on the the "ultimate" organized scrapbook room. :) The only thing I bought was the z-line cart (which hasn't come just yet) to organize my paper. Everything might not be quite as visually uniform as those scrapbook room re-do's in the magazines, but you can't argue with the price!

2 comments:

jemilyea said...

The second time I looked at the pictures, I spotted you in the mirror above the tables!

Is that a Pampered Chef tool turnaround thing on the table?

Yes, it would be satisfying to have all the books together. I noticed your SB albums and magazines. Are the other books all craft-related, or just all your books of any type?

You didn't mention the shoe bag hung on the door. Does it also used for craft storage?

I like the way the cubes are turned, so that you can hang things on the end.

Hope your flu is better soon!

Christa said...

Yes, that P.C. tool turnaround was a $1 yard sale find.

All the other books are a variety of themes. I'm working on grouping them by themes, but so far the only ones I've done that way are the ones in the taller, thinner bookcase.

The shoe bag holds various things craft-related that need a "pocket" to contain them. I had forgotten about it!

 
;