Friday, February 8, 2008

Recipe: Peanut Butter Meltaway Cake

I didn't get to share a recipe last week since we were out of town. I figured I'd share my husband's favorite cake this week, in honor of his birthday.

I have a much more complicated recipe for this, but you can get the same results with my simplified recipe below:

Peanut Butter Meltaway Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 tsp oil
1 tub chocolate frosting

1. Bake cake as directed and cool.
2. Mix peanut butter and oil. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Microwave chocolate frosting for about 30 seconds and pour about 2/3 of it onto the cake. Spread it evenly. Refrigerate for another 20 minutes.

You can serve this at room temperature or cold. My husband prefers it straight from the refrigerator. It reminds him of his favorite candy, Gardner's Candies Peanut Butter Meltaways.

2 comments:

Wifey said...

Mmmm, sounds yummy!

jemilyea said...

Maybe I'll try this recipe for Sunday dinner. Everyone in my family loves chocolate and peanut butter.

 
;