Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday: Recycling

My friend chose the challenge for this week, and the challenge was to recycle (i.e. repurpose) something on your card. Well, I have just the thing to share with you today - two whole sets of cards from a coordinating large and mini calendar that I picked up at the beginning of the year for $0.10 each.

Here's the first set:



I loved the flowers on this mini calendar, so I just mounted them onto coordinating cardstock with a thin mat around the edges. Here they are, matched up with their coordinating envelopes (made from the large calendar):



If you'd like to make envelopes from a 12x12" calendar, you can get two envelopes from each sheet (as long as the design cooperates). Here's how:

Cut it in half to measure 6x12". Score the 6" side at 1/2" and 5-1/2". Turn and score the 12" side at 2" and 7-3/4". Cut off the sides from the top and bottom and round the corners of the flap. Add adhesive to the outside edges of your bottom panel, then fold it up in place and press down. You're done!

Okay, on to the second set ... These are probably my favorite calendar cards to date. You know what's funny? They were made from the thumbnail pictures on the back of a big calendar, and the envelopes are the other half of the calendar pages from the last set.



Supplies: stamps (Hero Arts sentiment); paper (The Paper Company, Georgia-Pacific); MS corner punch; calendar.

These stamps were a lovely accent to the flower images!









It's a bit harder to see the embossing on the lighter cards in the pictures, but it's pretty easy in real life.

I hope you've enjoyed these calendar cards. I know I have!

Now you can hop on over to my friend's blog to see what she recycled this week!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Great recycling idea! (Since I know you already had these all done before I picked the challenge I'll not be amazed at the quantity! smile)
This was actually what I had in mind to do for the challenge, but time failed me.
I especially love the thumbnail image cards --- very pretty medallions you made with the MS punch.
AND making matching envelopes --- what a GREAT idea --- I may have to include that in my set that I have to have done by the end of the week!
Great cards and ideas!

jemilyea said...

I might need to try the card/envelope making. I bought 2 old calendars last week with vague craft thoughts in mind.

 
;