Thursday, October 28, 2010

DIY Easel-Backed Recipe Book

I've had this idea running around in my head for awhile now. Since I got my Bind It All, I got the chance to try it out. What is it? A stand-up recipe card book:



Supplies: stamps (free digital stamp from Leaves of Time, letters by Studio G); paper (K&Co, unknown); ink (BIC Mark-Its, SU Chocolate Chip); Nestabilities Labels 8; Bind It All; recipe cards; manilla file folder for easel part.

Here's a picture of the inside, using a set of $1 recipe cards that I got on clearance for $0.50:



And here's a straight-on view of it:



So, how do you make an easel stand? It's super-easy! For this project, you will need to cut a manilla file folder to 6 x 10". Score the 10" side at 4, 5, and 6". Mountain-valley fold the middle section (to create the stand). Bind as usual.

It's that easy! Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a GREAT idea! Love it! These would make really neat gifts! Thanks for sharing.

Ginny said...

Too bad I don't own a Bind It All because I love this idea. It would make a great gift for many different occasions - bridal shower, baby shower (with homemade baby food recipes), birthday, Mother's Day, or just because. You come up with the best ideas!

 
;