Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Prettier Presentation

Have you seen all the DIY apothecary jars in blogland recently? I just love them, and I've been keeping my eye out at thrift stores for likely glass pieces. Well, I finally got a chance to make one of my own.

But first of all, let me show you what I've been using to store my clear dew drops:



Yes, that's a recycled peanut butter jar. It's not the prettiest thing ever, but it did the job. However, I now have a much prettier container:



You probably recognize the base as a candlestick. I got this one at a thrift store for $0.20. I also happened to get the top part at the same thrift store for $0.20. It was as dirty as glass can possibly get - so dirty that we weren't sure the grime would come off. But for $0.20, it's worth taking the chance, right? We were pleasantly surprised when it cleaned up perfectly!

And here you can see it holding my clear dew drops, in much prettier fashion:



I'm addicted to these glass things on pedestals, can you tell? :)

1 comments:

simple~needs said...

i love the apothecary jars.
they make the simplest things so much prettier. :)

 
;