Friday, October 29, 2010

Simple Bind It All Planner #1

I originally saw this wonderful planner idea at Leigh's blog. She, in turn, was inspired by another blogger at An Altered Life. I loved the concept and was itching to try out my new Bind It All, so I made two of them, one for each of my Secret Sisters. This is my first one.



Supplies: paper (Making Memories); Nestabilities Labels 8; chipboard letters (unknown); ribbon (unknown); binder clips; tiny adhesive rhinestones; Bind It All.

For the mini-sized notepads, I simply cut a mini legal pad in half lengthwise with my X-acto knife. I discovered that you get a nicer cut when you work from the front to the back, instead of the back to the front!



Here is the front of the planner, with my Secret Sister's initials on it. I covered the binder clips with scraps from the rest of the planner, and it was super-easy!

Did you notice that I goofed on the binding holes? It was my first binding project, and from it I learned how to properly line up my covers. Oh well! My Secret Sister didn't even notice.



Here's the back of it. As you can see, there is ribbon holding in the monthly calendar part. This way, it can be switched out next year if they want.

I'll show you my second one on Monday!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Looks like you're enjoying your Bind It All!

Sharyn said...

Gorgeous...love how it turned out! Thanks for linking my original creation here. Hugs x Sharyn @ http://AnAlteredLife.com

 
;