Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday: Masculine Cards

I'm late, I'm late! Cousin Camp is in full swing, and I had a migraine last night. (I was planning to stay up and pre-publish this post.) Ah, the best-laid plans ... right?

At any rate, my friend chose the challenge for this week. We were to make masculine cards. Now, if I hadn't been planning for Cousin Camp and otherwise engrossed in majorly-feminine cards/projects, the logical thing to do would be to make Father's Day cards and a card for my nephew who will be 16 this month. But you can probably guess that didn't happen.

Instead, I managed to whip up a masculine thank you note for a man from our church. I hadn't intended to make a masculine thank you note, but I went through all of my cards and realized that all of my thank you notes are quite feminine. So I whipped this one up at the last minute.

I think it would qualify for the "CAS" (clean and simple) category, too, which is almost a first for me. I love complexity in my cards, but this one I liked simple.



Supplies: stamp (Stampin Up! sentiment); ink (SU! Chocolate Chip); punch (Marvy tree); Nestabilities Labels 1; Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I used my new HUGE Marvy tree punch for this tree focalpoint. You can't tell, but I used a shiny paper that is slightly embossed in dots. The background is embossed with my Swiss Dots embossing folder to coordinate with that.

Now go take a peek at what my friend has made for this challenge. I saw some of them a little early, and they're great!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cute card! I'm like you in that I usually do more "complex" cards, but every once in a while I do a CAS card and wonder to myself why I don't do them more often!

 
;