Friday, June 25, 2010

Ladies' Meeting Favors #2

The next sample I made for the ladies' meeting was this mini purse.



I used Mel's template (medium size), and I really liked how easy it was to put together. It's not very big, which is great because I'm doing these on a small budget. The more I can fit onto a sheet of paper, the better. I should be able to get two of these onto a 12x12" sheet. Considering I've gotten scads of designer 12x12" paper at Tuesday Morning for $1.99/25, it's definitely a budget project.

To make the jeweled brads, I simply used regular office brads and attached mini rhinestones that I picked up at Big Lots last week for $0.50/pack (several hundred in there, I believe).

The one thing I'll change the next time I make it is to use a square Nestability instead of the rectangle. I need more of a flap on the front to help it stayed closed on its own, since Velcro or magnets would add exponentially to the cost of each project.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cute! Like the rhinestone effect on those brads.

 
;