Saturday, November 14, 2009

Starbucks Chocolates Gift

My Secret Sister loves coffee, so I was thrilled to find four boxes of Starbucks chocolates reduced to $0.50 each simply because the packaging was mangled!

I decorated a tin bucket and filled it with the candy. It was a perfect fit!



I got this bucket at Target's $1 Spot last year sometime. I've been using it to store the caps to the glass bottles I'm saving to recycle into gift packaging. It was a perfect fit for the chocolates, though, so I gave it up. :)

The image is from Nina May, who has done an entire series of gorgeous fall-themed digi stamps and offered them for free on her blog over the last few weeks. (Each image is free for one week.) You can subscribe to her blog to see when she opens her store so you can buy them!

I colored it with oil pastels and baby oil. I used my scallop circle Nesties to frame it and a bunch of miscellaneous ribbon tied around the handle.

I was able to rescue the front flap of one of the boxes, so I made it into a tag so she would know what flavor the chocolates are.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Very cute! I'm sure your Secret Sister will love it!

Esther Asbury said...

What a very pretty gift! The ribbon over the handle really makes it look beautiful!

 
;