Friday, November 20, 2009

A barn gift box

These boxes are addictive! My mind just wouldn't quit with all the possibilities for these cute boxes, so you're likely to see a few more in the next few days. I'm thinking of using them as Christmas gift boxes (especially to hold some homemade candy), but I may end up with an entire town by the time I'm done! :)

Since my sister and her husband live on a farm, I just had to make a barn. It was so easy! I originally made the barn and then let it sit for a day. Something was missing. Then I remembered these Studio G farm animal stamps from my kids' stash, and they were the perfect finishing touch!

Either side could be the front, but here's what I think of as the front, with a piggie blocking the door:



And then here's the other side (what I think of as the back), with little chicks pecking in the yard:



Don't you just love those horses and cows peeking out of the windows? I love the idea because those animal stamps have the most spindly legs ever, and they're almost impossible to cut out, let alone glue down. This way, I just lined up the basic part of the stamp (minus the legs) in my square punch and then cut around the easiest part of the animals.

These boxes are so much fun to make!

0 comments:

 
;