Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blossom Nestabilities Flowers

My friend brought her Blossom Nestabilities along the other day, and I cut a few shapes to play around with. I thought I'd share some of the flower combinations I came up with. There are lots more possible combinations, and I have several more ideas running through my head. When I get the chance to try them, I'll post them.



First of all, I cut the largest Blossom Nestie and embossed it with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I cut the shape so the petals are separated. Then I punched two daisies (Marvy Uchida daisy punch) from brown patterned paper. Then I cut the circle using my Scallop Nestie and embossed it with Swiss Dots. I ran an orange inkpad over the embossing to highlight it.



Then I thought of my homemade glue gun pearls* and thought to add a few to the center. [*I used this idea and simply painted the resulting glue gun drippings with pearlized nail polish I had purchased just for this purpose, since I don't paint my nails.]



And lastly, here is one I made by layering three different Blossom Nesties (each 2 steps apart) that had been embossed and cut apart. If you bend the petals around, it can look more realistic.

These flowers would make a lovely alternative to a gift bow!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I like the glue gun pearl effect! Neat idea!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Great flowers! Love the texture with the swiss dots & the glue dots in the center are fantastic!

 
;