Friday, November 6, 2009

Make-your-own marker storage

I've been dealing with little aggravation spots in my craft room this week. One of my biggest aggravations is marker storage. I love my BIC markers and use them on almost every project, but they were shoved into cans lying on my craft table and very hard to get at.

So I checked Splitcoaststampers to see how everyone else was organizing their markers, and I found a lot of ladies were using clear acrylic x-shaped containers. I loved them! But after I put it on my shopping list, I got to thinking ... Couldn't I make something myself and spend that money on craft supplies instead? So here's what I made:



I've had this box for awhile now. I think it originally came from Michaels' $1 spot, but I picked it up at a thrift store for $0.25. I cut cardboard dividers to fit inside and form the "x" that nicely separates the markers.

So there you have it - a "use what I have" alternative that looks very pretty sitting on my craft desk! :)

3 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

This is such a cute idea! I featured it on my post today!

Manuela

jemilyea said...

You are becoming famous! Manuela at http://thepleasuresofhomemaking.blogspot.com/

posted a link about your creative marker storage.

This is a good idea. I've often admired pictures of cabinets full of the acrylic storage boxes.

Christa said...

Manuela,

I'm glad you liked the idea! :)

 
;