Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page!

Our good friends came today to help celebrate my son's 6th birthday. We carved out a few minutes to run to Michaels, since I had been hearing so much about the new Martha Stewart items and hadn't seen any yet.

Have you seen them? There's a scoring board, Punch Around the Page punch sets, deeper-designed border punches (about 2x a deep as a regular one), punch and stamp sets ... Not all of it was there at my Michaels yet, but I saw plenty of hang tags. They will finally be getting that darling heart lace punch that came out last Valentine's Day!

Anyway, I had a 50% off coupon from AC Moore that was good for today, and of course they take competitor's coupons. So I got this Punch Around the Page set:



It retails for $24.99 and includes a coordinating corner punch and border punch. It's pure genius, if you want my opinion! The instructions tell you what sizes will create a perfect all-around border (3.25", 5", 6.75", 8.5", 10.25" and 12"), and it's so easy my kids could probably do it. Not only that, but I was very impressed with how well they punched. So for $12.50 (with my coupon), I can make unlimited lace-edged paper!

Are you curious how it works? Let me show you ...



First of all, you punch the corners. I'm using a 3.25" square here. As you can see, the corner punch can stand alone. It's so pretty! But wait until you see it combined with the border punch ...



Tada! Isn't that gorgeous? It only looks like it took a long time. I might have spent an entire minute punching these edges.
So how will these preset sizes fit onto standard cards and scrapbook pages?



Here is the 3.25" square on an A2 card (4.25x5.5") ...



... a 3.25x5" rectangle on an A2 card (4.25x5.5") ...



... a 5x6.75" rectangle on a 5x7" card ...



... a 4x6" photo on top of a 5x6.75" rectangle ...



... a lacy 6.75" frame ...



... and a 6.75" square layered onto an 8" square scrapbook page.

I haven't done a 12x12" page yet, but it should look just like the 8x8" page, only bigger. I'm looking forward to playing with these some more. It's quite addicting!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep! I saw them on Friday. Our Mikes had the deep border punches and these punch around the page sets along with the pop up punches. I was good and didn't buy any although I wanted them!

Susan said...

I saw them on her show when I happened upon it one day. I love the idea, but haven't set aside the money for one yet. I'll be in the States the next few days; I'll have to look at them!

Marla said...

WOW this is beautiful. I have the loopy punch around the page but have NEVER seen this. What is it called?? I would LOVE to have this as well!!!

Christa said...

Marla,

This one is called "eyelet lace". She has several Punch Around the Page sets, but this one is my favorite!

Cindy Loven said...

if you ran one through the cuttlebug and embossed it, it would resemble doilies too..

Christa said...

Oooh, Cindy, thanks for the idea! I'm going to try it tonight! :)

 
;