Friday, November 27, 2009

A twist on Becca's medallions

Sorry I've been so quiet the last few days! Things have been pretty hectic around here, and I've had some migraines to add to the chaos.

Anyway, I made this card (and shared it) awhile back. I promised to get back to it, so today is the day ...



I had just purchased this corner punch at Big Lots for a great price ($2, I think), and I wanted to see if I could make one of Becca's neat medallions with it. Well, it didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped. Because of the way the punch is oriented, it didn't create a shaped edge. BUT I looked at it and realized that I could trim around the edges and make it just as pretty.

Then I decided to try it on a square, and this is what I came up with (after trimming the edges again).



So I guess it never hurts to try something, right? :) I always enjoy finding new uses for "old" products!

0 comments:

 
;