Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"C is for Cookie" Charity Hat


I used up acrylic odds and ends for this hat, thanks to the great thrift store yarn haul in December.

If you want to make one (see link below), please be aware that I think there’s a typo for the earflaps. I don’t think they’re supposed to be done in black.

I did change a few things from what the pattern calls for.

For starters, the cookies are cute, but I decided to just make a plain Cookie Monster hat.

Secondly, I did round balls for the eyes instead of pompoms. I have had bad experiences with pompoms falling off. (Not to mention the difficulty of sewing something into the middle of them.)

Here’s what I did instead:
Rnd 1: Using black, make a magic loop and 6 sc inside. Sl st to first sc. Change to white.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around; join with sl st. (12 sc)
Rnd 3: 2 sc in each sc around; join with sl st. (24 sc)
Rnd 4: sc around; join with sl st. (24 sc)
Rnd 5: sc dec around; join with sl st (12 sc)
Rnd 6: sc around; join with sl st (12 sc)
Rnd 7: sc dec around; join with sl st (6 sc)
Finish off and use tail to draw through the remaining 6 sts. Stuff and pull tight.

Want to make your own? Find it for free on Ravelry: C is for Cookie by Tara Hawkins.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Another cute hat! You could start a business!

 
;