Friday, January 11, 2013

Sugar Maple Socks


I started these socks in January of last year and just finished them in October. (Did I mention that I'm late taking and processing pictures??) It's not that they're that difficult. No, the stitch pattern is actually quite easy. It's more that the two-at-a-time method just doesn't work for me. Not at all.

I tried to like it, but it's really hard to like something after it takes you an entire day to cast-on without tangling the yarn, and you're not a new knitter. I hear lots of people rave about doing socks two-at-a-time, so I'm sure it's just me. Honestly, if you want to torture me, just make me try this again.


As you can see, though, I did manage to finish both socks. (My son promptly commandeered them, so these are his feet you're seeing in them.) I did this by taking them off the circular needle and finishing them one-at-a-time.

This is really a lovely stitch pattern, though.


If you'd like to give it a try, you'll have to get your hands on a copy of Melissa Morgan-Oakes's book 2-at-a-Time Socks. (I borrowed mine from the library.) These are the "Sugar Maple" socks. Please don't hold my dislike of this method against the book. It's a really good book, but the method is just not for me.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Lovely socks in soft yellow! Love the pattern and the color!

 
;